The-PDI.com: Making Technology Work for Campaigns
The-PDI.com is a web-based campaign management software application for political campaigns and consultants throughout California. This application was designed to deliver more voter information to political campaigns and is user-friendly for individuals with varying levels of campaign and computer experience.
The-PDI.com allows PDI to perform complex data management tasks behind the scenes and lets the campaign workers do their work. This seamless, behind the scenes partnership between PDI and campaigns is what makes The-PDI.com so effective.
Key Program Features
- Real-time access to the most recent voter information for every county.
- Real-time access to the most recent absentee application information for every county.
- Real-time access to the most recent polling place information from every county.
- A sophisticated software application that is custom designed to work with PDI voter data.
- A robust and secure computer network capable of processing your data efficiently.
- Access to PDI technology to generate complex counts, printed voter lists with barcodes, and electronic files grouped on non-traditional households.
- Ability to SEARCH and VIEW complete voter records.
- Simple yet comprehensive query building interface.
- Simple security management with 5 different security levels, from full administrative control to the ability to limit user access down to a single precinct.
- Access to a wide variety of barcoded WALK, PHONE, and ALPHA reports with customizable features.
- Integrates proprietary information with voter file through an efficient voter flagging process.
- Simple and rapid barcode input.
- Comprehensive count reports.
- Create an unlimited number of custom flags.
- New registrant database that allows campaigns to input information for new voters.
- Polling place labels for door hangers.
- Integration with GIS Mapping application and Political Data mapping department. (coming soon)
How does it work?
The PDI Online Campaign Center is a full-featured database application that can be accessed from anywhere using the world-wide-web. This product requires no installation or computer networking. The PDI Online Campaign Center can be accessed by multiple users at the same time and all changes will be recognized instantly. The program can be used with all major internet browsers and operating systems. Everything that campaigns historically did with a desktop database application can be performed using the PDI Online Campaign Center.
- Looking up voter records.
- Creating simple and complex selects based on all available PDI data fields.
- Printing barcoded lists of any size.
- Generating electronic files.
- Performing data entry with barcodes.
- Running comprehensive count reports based on saved selects.
Distributing the PDI Online Campaign Center through the world-wide-web provides many advantages. The primary advantage is the continued connection with Political Data for data and program upgrades that are virtually unnoticeable to the users. Users can be assured that they are always working with the most recent voter data and program version.
All outputs generated by the program are distributed electronically. Walk and Phone lists are delivered as pdf files. This provides a reliable means to print a report of various sizes without problems. Once a walk or phone list is processed, it is copied to a secure ftp site that is only accessible through the program’s home page. A separate password is required to provide additional security. The files on the ftp site can be downloaded to a user’s computer and then printed. Electronic data files are also distributed through the ftp site.
The computers that support the PDI Online Campaign Center are located in a professional data center. This secure facility provides guaranteed connectivity with backup power generators, redundant internet routing, and 24/7 on-site technicians. System down-time is possible, but we have taken every reasonable measure to assure that the PDI Online Campaign Center will always be accessible to our subscribers. Campaign desktop computer programs are far more prone to data loss, computer crashes, viruses, and sabotage.
Minimum Computer Requirements
Any operating system that supports a modern browser with a high speed internet connection is capable of accessing the PDI Online Campaign Center. This includes Windows 98, ME, XP, 2000, 2003 and any new version of Windows. Apple OS X can be supported as well as most versions of Linux.
All data processing in this program is performed on PDI servers and not on your computer. The only requirement for your local computer should be the ability to print large lists from Adobe pdf files. However, depending upon the size of the list, you may always choose to have your list printed by PDI or your print shop.
Browser Minimum Requirements:
- Windows – Internet Explorer 6.0+
- Apple OS 10.2.8 or Higher – Apple Safari 1.2+
- Linux – FireFox 1.0+
The PDI Online Campaign Center uses Verisign SSL encryption to provide the highest level of online security. Over 93% of Fortune 500 companies and the top ten U.S. Banks use this same encryption protocol.
Political Data, Inc. is committed to helping campaigns fully utilize the PDI Online Campaign Center. The purpose of the PDI Online Campaign Center is to facilitate the management of the PDI voter file. This voter file contains over 90 separate data fields and is somewhat complicated in its nature. It is unrealistic to believe that individuals with limited computer skills and electoral experience will be able to use the program without investing a fair amount of time reading the documentation and familiarizing themselves with electoral terminology. Political Data has a full time technical support staff dedicated to helping clients with the Online Campaign Center Software. We cannot be expected, however, to train users on Microsoft Windows or explain electoral terminology such as the nature of voting precincts and propensity universes.
Political Data strongly encourages campaigns practice working with the Online Campaign Center as early as possible. Upon receiving the software, our support representatives are more than happy to provide a brief one-time orientation of the product and demonstration of commonly performed tasks. This is usually done by web conferencing/telephone and helps users become acquainted with the program.
We are confident that the availability of our free limited phone product support, comprehensive product documentation, and website FAQs demonstrate our genuine commitment to helping campaigns fully utilize the PDI Online Campaign Center.
We still, however, continue to have many users that call for instructions on performing tasks that are clearly detailed in the program documentation or have questions that should be addressed to a campaign manager or consultant. These calls frequently cause delays for legitimate support calls.
Your PDI Online Campaign Center subscription entitles you to a variety of free product support options that address any problem or defect related to the normal operation and functioning of the program. Additional support options are available for a fee.
Free Technical Support Options:
- PDI Online Campaign Center User Manual
- Program Help Menus
- Email Support – From program Home Page “Send email to PDI” (email@example.com)
- Frequently asked Questions
- One-time brief orientation – 30 minutes by web conference/phone
- *Limited Phone Technical Support – (Hours 9:00a.m. – 4:00p.m)
Please note that, this service is only free, if questions reflect problems with the normal operating and functioning of the program or subjects not covered in other product documentation. Users will be notified if a call does not qualify as free support.
Issues that are not covered in the free limited product support plan:
Answers to questions such as how to create a walk list, perform a mail merge, and import a flag should be sought in the product documentation before calling technical support. Answers to questions dealing with choosing propensity universes or precincts to select should be addressed to the Campaign Manager or consultant.
Our goal is to have users of the Campaign Manager software effectively managing their data files. We simply do not have the resources to be utilized in lieu of product documentation.
Fee-Based Technical Support Options:
- ($40.00) Per Incident Telephone Support – For technical support by telephone for a specific problem that may be outside the normal operating and functioning of the PDI Online Campaign Center.
- ($250.00) Enhanced Telephone Support Plan – For continued product support by telephone for questions that may be outside the normal operating and functioning of the Campaign Manager
- Software. This includes additional help with performing program functions and some basic electoral terminology assistance. ($250 fee is per election cycle)
- ($custom quote basis ) On-Site Training Session – Session designed to suit specific campaign needs. Location also negotiable.
- ($100.00) Additional brief orientation of the product and demonstration of various tasks (30 min. via telephone) – This is usually requested as new staff replaces the recipient of original orientation
Technical Support Hours are 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
Product Support requires a congenial and effective relationship between Political Data and the user. If such a relationship cannot be maintained, Political Data reserves the right to terminate product support and/or your right to use the program.
If you’re interested in seeing more, contact a PDI Account Rep to give you access to a live demo version of the program.